It is written time and time again that dogs are a man’s best friend. I may be biased, but I happen to believe that the ribeye steak is a man’s best friend. No other steak can compete with its perfect combination of flavor, moisture and tender bite. That being said, my recipe of the week comes from our friends at Dizzy Pig BBQ. They have in my opinion created the best steak seasoning known to man (that man being me). Cow Lick Steak Rub is like no other steak seasoning I have ever had, and is the perfect blend of salt and spices. I use it on everything including hamburgers, potatoes, veggies, and most importantly ribeye steak. So lets get started!
- Thick cut ribeye steak (at least 1″ thick although 1 1/2″ would be preferable)
- Cow Lick Steak Rub (you can use your favorite rub, but I would recommend picking up some Cow Lick)
- Apply a generous coat of Cow Lick to one side of the ribeye steak.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the seasonings to penetrate and adhere to the ribeye steak.
- During this time, preheat your grill to at least 650 degrees fahrenheit.
- Flip the ribeye steak and apply to the other side of the steak, again apply generously.
- Make sure the grill has stabilized somewhere between 650 -700 degrees.
- Place steak on grill and sear. 3-5 minutes per side is recommended.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees to continue cooking to desired doneness.
- Once to desired doneness, remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes to allow the steak to reabsorb the juices.
- Slice and enjoy!
Grill up your favorite vegetables to accompany the steak. My personal favorites are grilled asparagus and garlic red skin potatoes. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoy it.